Thursday, October 10, 2013

favorite fall lip products

It seems that fall is finally here! Yay! I have much more of a liking for the cooler months, despite how harsh the weather can get. Another thing I love about fall is the contrast of makeup compared to summer. It's much more acceptable to wear dark makeup and clothes- I get to bring out all my black clothes ;) So to appropriately welcome in autumn, I thought why not let everyone know my favorite lip products! I have kind of split them in to three categories: browns/neutrals, reds and berries. So lets move from light to dark!

I wanted to include some colors for those ladies not into the deep colored trends. These are more neutral shades that tend to lean towards browns on the spectrum.


  • Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Warm Me Up (235). This is a very natural brown-mauve shade that would super with some dark brown eye makeup. I think this is perfect for all year round, but I'm loving this shade especially in the fall.
  • NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Natural (122). This is kind of exactly like the Warm Me Up shade, but in lip gloss form. It has a little less mauve in it and is a "your lips but better" shade.
  • Mally Beauty High Shine Liquid Lipstick in Blossom. This is a peachy neutral that does have some browns in it. This is probably the most neutral of all the shades but the brown undertones make it a great one for fall.
  • Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain in Instinct. I swatched this heavily so it looks like a full on brown, but the stain allows some of your lip color to show through. It comes with a balm that can make this more or less glossy, to your liking.

Next up are some reds. For fall I like more of the brick and berry reds, whereas for winter I lean towards true reds. So, here's what I'm recommending to you...


  • Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Berry Queen (940). This is that classic berry red. It makes it look like you ate fruit and it stained your lips, but much more pigmented.
  • Avon Extra Lasting Lipstick in Forever Burgundy. Like the name implies, this is a burgundy red. It is a little deeper than the swatch shows, and can be built up for deeper and intenser color.
  • bareMinerals Pretty Amazing Lip Color in Rouge. Now this is a fall color! It is also a berry red, but a little more berry than red. I do enjoy this formula and it lasts quite long. This lip color is intense, but can be worn with dark eye makeup and not come across as over-dramatic.

Lastly, I have for you the berry and purple-ish shades. These are my obsession right now and I have been finding a bunch of different ways to wear them. 


  • Juice Beauty Reflecting Gloss in Pink. The name deceives a little, this definitely has a purple/mauve tone to it. It is pretty toned down and could look like a sheer gloss if you apply it lightly. The formula is not sticky and glides on your lips.
  • bareMinerals Pretty Amazing Lip Color in Panache. This only comes in sets, but I would highly suggest getting this gloss. It looks absolutely gorgeous on its own, but can also make darker lipsticks more wearable. Overall, a perfect color for fall!
  • L'Oreal Colour Riche La Laque Shiny Full Coverage Lip Colour in Lacquer-ized (412). This color may be a bit bright for the typical fall colors, but I had to include it here. It has that beautiful purple tone that is so in right now. I also think it would look gorgeous paired with the lipstick I am going to mention next...
  • Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Berry Haute (660). This is a deep luscious purple. It can also be made deeper by layering the colors on top of each other. I really enjoy the formulas of these lipsticks and can't wait to pair this shade with my favorite fall clothes.
  • Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Black Cherry (477). This is the definition of fall to me. Deep, dark and burgundy toned- this is breath taking. Also, since this is a creme formula, the color can look like a stain or full on coverage depending on how its applied. Gorgeous!

Those are all my favorite fall lipsticks. I tried to keep them pretty affordable, because this is more of a trend than anything...and who wants to spend a bunch of money on something that could go out of style tomorrow? Let me know what your favorite lipstick are for autumn!



Always stay happy and healthy! :) Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment