Monday, October 21, 2013

burgundy smokey eyes

Never would I have thought to use a burgundy red on my eyes...but in the name of experimenting, I decided to try it. And to my surprise, I loved the look! I think this is lovely for green eyes, but it works really well with any eye color. The best thing is that you don't really have to spend much money to achieve this look because the shades can all be found at the drugstore.


I tried to keep the products minimal on the rest of the face since the eyes were very dramatic. I used the NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny to contour the edges of my face, Two Cosmetics Duo Eye Shadow as a blush, Diorskin Shimmer Star in Amber Diamond to highlight and bareMinerals Pretty Amazing Lip Color in Panache to add a purple/burgundy hue to the lips.


All you need for this eye look is three eyeshadows- a burgundy wine color, a medium brown to blend and a dark brown to define. I included swatches of each color so you could find ones that you already have in your collection (especially with the browns, those can be found in a variety of drugstore eyeshadow trios/quads/etc.).

I started off this eye look with priming my eyes- I need to do this in order to keep my eyeshadows in place, but it is optional if that is not a problem for you. Next, I took the burgundy shade from the CoverGirl Eye Enhancers 4-Kit Shadows in Drama Eyes and applied it all over the lid up to the crease, using a
patting motion (mine is shown depotted here). I also took this shade onto the lower lash line, stopping right before the inner corner. I then lightly used the shade Sable from the Lorac Pro Palette to blend out the edges of the burgundy on the lid, as well as provide a transition between the crease and brow bone. Lastly, I took the shade Espresso and placed this in the outer third of the lid and lower lash line. This creates depth for the eye look and also makes it smokey.

To finish off the eye, I lined my upper water line with the Starlooks Kohl Eye Pencil in Obsidian and then used the Lorac Front of the Line Pro to do a winged liner- but nothing too dramatic. As for mascara, I used the L'Oreal Carbon Black Double Extend Mascara and the Mally Beauty Volumizing Mascara.

Not so difficult, right? It doesn't take much to be on trend with the burgundy wagon! I hope this helps you create your perfect look.

Always stay happy and healthy! :) Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment