Wednesday, October 2, 2013

trash talk: episode 5

As another month finishes, so do a few products out of my beauty collection- mostly mascaras, but there are a few others in there too. I didn't actually completely finish a few of these mascaras, but they were getting past the point of use. Here's what I thought!



All the way on the left is the fresh Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment. I know so many people love this...but I hate it! I do think the tint is nice, but it is way too creamy to be in a tube. At any bit of warmth it melts even more, which is all the time because the aluminum tube traps heat. I would really only enjoy this deeply hydrating balm at night, but that defeats the point of the tint.

Next product is the Vaseline Spray & Go Moisturizer in Cocoa Radiant. There was so much hype around this and I am jumping on the bandwagon. It soaks in so quickly, which is perfect for summer. I would say it isn't as moisturizing as, say, a body butter but it does give some hydration.

The last non-mascara related product is the Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Radiant. This was perfect for when I had a bit of a tan, to highlight my under eyes, chin and forehead. It has a thin consistency which makes it very easy to blend and also provides some coverage. Definitely something I would repurchase.

Now we get to all the mascaras, starting with the p2 Duo Power Mascara. This has a white primer to build up the lashes that will then be coated with the black mascara. I enjoyed the primer, but the mascara just didn't do it for me. It clumped too much and the formula was too thick for the rubber brush.

Next to that is the essence I Heart Extreme Volume Mascara. This brush is huge! But personally, it did nothing for me. It gave no separation and left me with clumps. 

A mascara I have talked about a few times is the Rimmel Glam'Eyes Mascara. I love this rubber brush because it basically acts as a lash comb (I plan on washing it off reusing it). I don't think the formula was anything special.

Lastly, is the L'Oreal Double Extend Eye Illuminator Mascara. I'm not sure what shade this is because I think this mascara is discontinued. It wasn't anything special. It was a typical black mascara on one end and the other is an "illuminator". It was basically a charcoal mascara with glitter in it- and to make it worse, you needed 5 coats in order to even notice it. I've had this so long...it was just time to chuck it.

Hopefully this give y'all some insight into products you may have been wanting to try! Talk to you soon!

Always stay happy and healthy! :) Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment