Saturday, May 4, 2013

Glam bag update

It has been 2 weeks since my last post, and I must admit I'm a bit disappointed in myself. I just really have been super busy and didn't have time to take pictures of makeup looks. Also, you may have noticed I didn't do an April favorites post because I am kind of getting bored of them. I want to try and let you all know in a different way about products that I like- I just have to be a little creative and think of something.

I wanted to do a tri-yearly update of the monthly Glambag subscription to update you on what products I have actually enjoyed and which ones ended up not working for me. (So far I have loved the bags in every month, I think they make great gifts and also are perfect for your purse!)

January 2013 Glambag

Products I liked:
  • BigSexyHair Spray & Stay Hairspray- has great hold and is perfect to keep teased hair in place
  • Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange Body Butter- very moisturizing, not greasy and a great citrus scent
  • Nailtini Nail Lacquer in Bloody Mary- great orangey red that doesn't stain your nails
  • Josie Maran Argan Oil- great moisturizer, hair serum and body oil, not greasy
  • Soho Concealer Brush- I use this as a lip brush and it works perfectly

February 2013 Glambag
  • I thought the products were all okay, but nothing special...the mascara smudged onto my undereye area and the eyeshadow was a bit too flakey
  • I know I had said I enjoyed the pixi Flawless & Poreless Primer but it really doesn't do anything for me. I noticed that it really just acts like a moisturizer and doesn't make my makeup last longer or hide my pores.

March 2013 Glambag

Products I liked:
  • GLAMRX Mini Freestyle Palette- I raved so much about this, I think y'all know I love it (if you don't want to spend the money on this though, you could use a empty Altoids tin!)

April 2013 Glambag

Products I liked:
  • Be a Bombshell Blush in Sweet Cheeks- this is super pigmented and has a great sheen, this would look beautiful with a tan

I hope this helped anyone who was looking to try some of the products that comes with the Glambags! Again, I apologize for the lack of posts lately, but between classes coming to an end, finals, graduation and job search it's been kind of hectic! I hope to get some more helpful posts to you this month and continue my back to basics series!


Always stay happy and healthy! :)

Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment