Wednesday, October 10, 2012

make up collection: face products

This has been so long overdue, but I just have been so busy that I haven't had a chance to write this. The pictures were waiting and ready, it was just about finding the time to actually sit down and write this post! To me, this is probably the most interesting part of the make up collection (even though face products are not the ones I get the most joy out of buying). I like to know what foundations and concealers people use, especially when they have the same skin type as me- I, by the way, have combination skin that leans a bit on the oily side.

I will start this post off with the products that are in my every day container. I have only a few face products up here, but some products include Revlon, Josie Maran, Laura Geller and ELF. I really enjoy the Revlon ColorStay Foundation for Combination/Oily Skin along with the Revlon ColorStay Pressed Powder

I then have a container where I keep all of my blushes and bronzers. Here I have many different options, including ELF, Wet n' Wild, Lorac, MAC, Milani, Bare Minerals, CoverGirl and Mally. I already talked about my favorite blushes in a previous post, which I will link to the bottom of this one. Some of my favorite bronzers are the ELF Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder and NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder in Sunny. I like my bronzers to look more on the grey side because it makes the contour look more natural. I have heard good things about the NYX Matte Bronzer, so I think I will try that once my no-buying make up months are up (I am half way into my fourth week!). Sometimes I also use a pressed powder that is a few shades darker than my own skin tone to give a natural contour- that is perfect for days when I am wearing very little make up but still want some definition where I would usually contour.


Last, is my small drawer of foundations, finishing powders, highlighters, primers and concealers. I don't really have that many because I am not really one to experiment in this area. I will usually buy the same products over again if I really enjoy the look, unless they have been discontinued or I am really just looking to try something new. Most of these things are also samples that I am waiting to try. Products here include Smashbox, Rimmel, Revlon, Bare Minerals, ELF, Benefit and Hard Candy. Here, I love the Revlon ColorStay Whipped Foundation which is currently a bit too light for me. (I have been thinking about mixing the two together but am a little hesitant since they have different formulations- let me know if you have tried it and how it worked for you!) I am still trying to find the perfect concealer that doesn't crease too badly.

I will try to have my eye products part up very soon (can't promise anything though) so you can see a complete version of my make up collection. If you have any questions about specific products, leave a comment below!

Have a great day and stay happy and healthy! :)

Tschüss, Katharina



other posts mentioned:

No comments:

Post a Comment