Saturday, October 20, 2012

make up collection: tools

My last part of the make up collection is the tools I use. This is the part of my make up collection that has been growing the slowest. For some reason I can justify buying expensive foundation or eyeshadow palettes, but with brushes it just isn't the same. Even though I should probably be buying good quality brushes that will last me a long time and apply make up well. Although, that is not to say that the brushes I have now are not good quality. Most of them are ELF brushes with a few of them from Bare Escentuals and Urban Decay. For their price, the ELF brushes are great quality- especially the Studio line.

I also have some sponges that I keep with my every day use products. I also have a pencil sharpener and an eyelash curler. I can't remember what brand it is, becuase it is really old. I don't use it that much because if I curl my eyelashes too much they touch my eyelids- and trust me, that does not look pretty. I also have the ELF Brush Cleaner that I use sometimes. (Although I generally use a make up wipe.) I also keep my "fake" Beauty Blender in this section, because I use it for when I do a heavier/full foundation routine. I did a little review of that in another post, which I will link to the bottom of this one.

Like I said, this is the slowest growing part of my make up collection. I have thought about buying some Sigma Brushes but sometimes I just don't feel like I have the need for so many of them, especially because washing them is the one thing I dislike doing. My motto with brushes is kind of, if it's not broken, don't fix it. My brushes are doing their duties right now so I don't see the need to buy more of them.

I do have to mention one thing about the ELF brushes that doesn't bother me, but may be annoying for other people. After washing them a few times, The handles do seem to get a bit loose, but to me that can easily be fixed with super glue. They generally don't shed though, which is great for blending out cream products, foundations and concealers (with the exception of a few brushes).

Phew. Finally, I have completed my make up collection! If you hadn't noticed already, I added a tab up top that has all the posts I have written about the collection (I will include that link at the bottom, also). Once I get new products, I will add them to the section that they belong in so my collection will constantly be updating as I buy new things!

Let me know if you have any questions or want to know more specific details about my collection in the comment section below!

Stay happy and healthy! :) 

Tschüss, Katharina



other posts mentioned:

No comments:

Post a Comment