Saturday, October 20, 2012

make up collection: eye products

After an extremely busy week, I am finally getting around to finishing up my make up collection posts. I only have to talk about my favorite eye products and then tools that I use- so I will talk about the eye products next. I have just recently really gotten into eyeshadow and actually using color (even they are only neutral ones) on my eyelids. I usually only wore mascara and liner, so this is somewhat a step up from what I used to do.

These are the palettes that I have. Obviously the top ones are the Urban Decay Naked and Naked 2 palettes. I like these a lot because they are neutral colors, which I use very often. The second "palette" is one I made on my own. I depotted some of my eyeshadows, put them on magnets and then placed them in a picture keeper. I have a bunch of different brands in there including CoverGirl, Wet n' Wild, ELF, Coastal Scents, Mary Kay and Revlon. I tried to group them by color and have one section for random eyeshadow colors. I can't say this was one of my smartest ideas, because it gets a bit messy sometimes but at least I don't have all the packaging laying around.

I also have a draw that I keep some of my eyeshadows in, along with some cream products and primer. My favorite eyeshadows or mini-palettes include CoverGirl Eyeshadow Trio in Shimmering Sands, Maybelline Eyeshadow Quad in Natural Smokes, Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze and Wet n' Wild Single Eyeshadow in Nutty. These eyeshadows again follow the whole neutral trend. I just think those neutrals really suit my eye color so I use those the most. I have been trying to branch out a little but it is a slow process that just needs some work and experimentation. Some other brands that I have include NYX, mark, ELF and Laura Geller.

I have one extra jar that I keep my liquid liners and pencils in. I don't use many of them because I don't really like putting black liner on the water line and most pencils aren't black enough for me to use as top lid liner. There are a few products that I haven't used yet, because I'm trying to use up ones that I started already. I do have to say that liquid liner in general works better than gel or pencil liners for me, personally, because I do have oily eyelids. I do have the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk, which is my favorite for so many things. I use it as a base or just for highlight in the inner corner and brow bone.

I hope you enjoyed looking into the eye products that I have! What are your favorite eye products? Do you prefer high-end or drugstore eyeshadows? If you have any questions or want to know about certain products, let me know in the comment section below!

Have a great weekend and stay happy and healthy! :)

Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment