Saturday, October 20, 2012

latest nail obsession

Generally, I dislike pink (according to my mom, I used to love it when I was younger). Something about the color just turns me off, but one thing I have quite enjoyed lately are baby pink nails. I think they look so sophisticated but neutral at the same time. They are really a color for anytime, and the best thing about pink nails is that the polish doesn't stain your nails- that's a big reason why I really dislike putting on darker nail polishes. I've been experimenting with a few different pinks and here is what I have tried (and liked) so far!



This is a very nice color from ColorClub in Buff & Natural. It is pretty opaque, but takes two coats to make a complete covering of the nail. It goes on a bit stripe-y but I think that has more to do with the brush and not the formulation. It dries fairly quickly and it is the perfect milk-y pink. Very neutral but super professional and absolutely adorable for any season!

The next color (below, left) is Wet n' Wild Nail Polish in Sugar Pill with KleanKolor Madly Matte on top. I had talked about this in a previous post, which I will link below. The second color, below on the right (which I think is my favorite), is by Essence. I can't remember what the name of it is, but it made for french manicures. I had to put a lot of coats on for this nail polish to look good, but I love the end result. It is the perfect mix of neon and pinky-ness mixed together. Again, the perfect neutral but also a little bit of color!



My least favorite color that I tried out, keeping up with this trend, is by KleanKolor. The color is called Sheer Pastel Nude. It is more of an orange and pink mixed nude, but not the pink I was expecting. It also isn't a color I would really use for a french manicure- sigh, I'm still on the hunt for the perfect mani color. If you are looking for a nude that is close to your skin color (for light to medium skin tones), then this is probably perfect! This however was not the look I was going for. I'm not sure how I feel about this color- I'm still rolling with it.

I hoped this help you find some light pinks that you enjoy. What are your favorite nail polishes with this similar color scheme? What about other nail colors that you enjoy? Let me know in the comment section below!

Always stay happy and healthy! :)


Tschüss, Katharina



other posts mentioned:

No comments:

Post a Comment