Wednesday, October 10, 2012

navy and brown smokey eye

Some pictures in this post were lost. I apologize if that makes this post difficult to understand, however I didn't want to delete it so you would still be able to refer to it.

I am always doing very neutral eye make up, usually using blacks, greys or browns. I wanted to try something different that used a bit of color but is still neutral. I know navy is technically considered a neutral color, but I think when combining blues and browns it gives the coolest effect!

This look was super simple that was dramatic enough to go out with, but acceptable to also wear during the day! Those are the perfect types of looks because they allow you to spend less time on doing make up and more time on picking your outfit ;)

I used my Urban Decay Naked palette for this look and only used 3 shades. I started off with the shade Sin and applied that to the inner corner of my eye and then carried it out a little less than halfway. I also added this to my brow bone, but very lightly so it wouldn't look too shimmery. Next, I took Naked and applied that in the center of my eye. I wanted a matte shade here so it wouldn't look too sparkly and shiny. Lastly, I took Gunmetal and applied it on the outer corner and also in the crease. I wanted the outer corner to be pretty sultry and dark so I made sure to concentrate most of the color there and sweep the rest into the crease. I had to repeat this several times so it could be blended out nicely. I then also went back to Naked and re-applied that to the center of the lid, blending it in with the two shades on either side.

I would say the key to most of these pigmented shadows is to start with a very small amount and then keep going back if you want more intensity or color. It is easier to make your eye look more pigmented rather than trying to take away some of the color- without removing your eye look completely.

I do really enjoy how this came out! For an extra touch, I also added Navy liquid liner instead of black but went with my usual black mascara. I think this eye look would be great for people with brown eyes, especially if they intensify the navy shade a lot!

I hope you like this look also and have fun trying to recreate it! Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions for more looks with the Naked palette in the comments section below!

Stay happy and healthy! :) 

Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment