Thursday, October 4, 2012

how to get beautiful looking skin

A big part of my skin care routine is trying to do some sort of facial mast every week. I have ones that I just bought from the store, however, I also enjoy trying some at home masks with ingredients that I may have in my fridge. I feel that sometimes at home remedies may work better than chemicals. I wanted to share all my at home remedies with you, so you can try them! I hope they work on your skin, just as well as they work on mine. (Disclaimer: I am not a dermatologist, these are just remedies that have worked for me!)

A mask that I tried this past weekend was an egg mask. All you need is one egg white and some thin tissues/toilet paper. I put on a few layers of the egg white (about 3-5), letting each layer dry before putting on another, and then the tissue on top of a still wet layer of egg white. I then coated the tissue with egg white and let that dry completely. This egg mask claims to remove your black heads, and although I don't think it did that for me, I was left with smooth and clear looking skin. I just felt like this mask made my skin look great!

A few other at home spot treatments that have worked for me, are aspirin and toothpaste. If I feel a pimple coming on, I take an Advil Liquid Gel capsule, cut it open and apply the gel to my pimple. For me, that works a lot better than crushing up a normal aspirin and adding water. Also, toothpaste is great for reducing redness. I just dab a little on the spot before I go to bed and it looks much better in the morning!

I encourage you to look up at home beauty remedies online because there are so many to choose from! I think there are even websites that categorize masks for your skin type, but any of them would be great to try! Let me know if you have any questions about this post in the comment section below!

Stay happy and healthy! :) 

Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment