Sunday, March 31, 2013

bunnin' it

Although I do love me a good sock bun, I find that they look very fake. I have experimented a bit with trying to make a bun- even with my thin hair- and I mus say I am pleased with the outcome!


I created a regular ponytail and on then created a loop. (If your hair has a lot of layers you will need hairspray to keep the sections down.) I then took the sides of the loop and pulled them to front, bobby pinning them in place. I then spread out my hair so I wouldn't have any spots that were see-through, pinning and hair spraying the sections that need it.

It did require a lot of bobby pins, especially for my thin hair. I like this method better because it actually looks like your bun is a part of your head and not a hair piece. I also added a "poof" at the front to give myself some volume!

I hope you get to give this look a try and achieve success. Don't get worried if you don't get it right away, this will take some patience and maneuvering. Just keep at it until you get the look you want!

Always stay happy and healthy! :)

Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment