Thursday, February 28, 2013

Nars And God Created the Woman palette

Since the beginning of my makeup obsession, Nars has always been one of those real high end companies to me- up there with Dior, Chanel, etc. I really have been wanting to try one of their blushes or Turkish Delight lipgloss, but couldn't justify spending that much money on one item (who am I kidding, of course I could somehow justify it, I was just being a penny pincher). Of course, then a Sephora email came along about some specials and there I was looking at different stuff on the site...then I came across the Nars And God Created the Woman set. And then I ordered it.

Honestly, I have so many different brown and nude colored eyeshadows. I never understood why people buy so many palettes until I came across this. To me, this palette is the perfect thing to travel with. It has all the colors you would need to create a natural, smokey, intense, etc. eye- ALL IN ONE PALETTE! It is just so easy, not to mention the shadows have great pay off. Below is the swatches of each shadow.

From left to right, Alhambra, Bellisima, Kalahari, Galapagos, Coconut Grove and Night Clubbing. This set also came with the Nars Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base and Nars #3 Eyeshadow Brush. I love both of those too! The primer didn't crease at all- and I wore my makeup all day. I think it might work a bit better than the Urban Decay Primer Potion, but maybe I will do a test with pictures! The brush was great as well. It was dense enough to place eyeshadow onto the lid, but fluffy enough to blend out edges. I would say it is about the size of a penny- which seems large, but I like how it works with my eye.

Although the set was a whopping $59 it is totally worth it to me. I found my go-to travel palette and finally got to try something from the luxurious Nars brand. Would I purchase this over Urban Decay Naked or Naked 2? YES, to me, this is better. Maybe smaller and more expensive, but better in terms of the color combination.

At the top of my hand you can see a shimmery gold highlight, which is the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal. This is basically a liquid highlight that can be used in many ways, that I got as a free item with my purchase. I haven't really tried this beside the swatch, but I am unsure how well this will work on me only because it seems a tad bit dark for my light skin tone. We shall see though.

Overall, very happy with this Sephora package. I loved everything part of the Nars set and the Becca highlight was just a great bonus product to test out. If you are in the market for a new palette or just want to splurge, I would most definitely suggest this!

Stay happy and healthy! :)

Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment