Tuesday, March 26, 2013

curling fine/thin hair

I like to cut short layers into my hair and deceive other people into thinking I have a full head of luscious hair, but the truth is...I have thin, fine soft hair that doesn't hold much of any style, except for straight ones. For the longest I have been trying different ways to curl my hair in a way that it will hold for at least half the day. From a flat iron to a small and large barrel curling irons- I have tried it all. I finally think I have the solution, and how it has not come to me earlier blows my mind.

I always thought I had to curl my hair from the roots, but with this method I only curled the bottom 2-4 inches with a flat iron. I should mention that I was on my second hair day (I had showered the morning before) and stylists usually say that your hair will work better with you when it's "dirty". I haven't tried this method with a curling iron, so I can't vouch for how well it would work.



Here is a close-up, less attractive picture of how I looked. My sister was trying to take pictures of my face but the sun was blinding me, causing this scrunched-up face.

My hair lasted all night, from approximately 5 pm until 2 am. It did loosen up a tiny bit, but nothing super dramatic. Even the next morning my hair still had some flip to it, but definitely not like the night before.

So for any of you struggling with thin hair that won't curl, first- I feel you, second- try this method and hopefully it will work for you!

Always stay happy and healthy! :)

Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment