Sunday, March 3, 2013

February must haves

February is the shortest month, but to me, this one dragged on. Although I love the snow, I'm ready for a little bit of warmth- and some moisture back in the air because my skin is really feeling it. I didn't want to reshow all the same products of January, so in the planning of this post I just thought, what are products I use every day and work great for me?



So those are what I ended up with. First is the Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel. Despite the kind of gross smell, I love how my skin feels after applying this. I use it at night after all my makeup has been washed off and I just feel clean. It says a bunch of things it's supposed to do but I haven't really been checking to see if it lives up to it (nothing rarely ever does). Then you can see the trusty MAC Fix+. I can find so many uses for this, it's not even funny. I just love it. The scent, the finish, how it sprays out, all the things you can use it for- the possibilities are endless.

A new product I have been trying is the L'Oreal True Match Foundation in W2 (Light Ivory). I do enjoy this foundation, and especially since it is more yellow-based. I like to wear it on days when I am especially red, since they counter-act each other. I am also looking to try the Lumi foundation...any opinions from y'all? I have also been loving the Make Up Forever Smoky Lash Mascara. I think this got a lot of attention from YouTube beauty guru's and I always thought it was a hoax. It's not. This is probably one of the best mascaras I have ever tried. I like the effect it gives so much, that I don't feel the need to layer other mascaras on top. Yes, I know. That's absolutely shocking coming out of my mouth...keyboard?...but I think this is awesome.

Lastly, and maybe a bit controversially, is this pimple tool (for lack of better words). I use it to extract my black heads. I know it sounds gross, but it works. I like to use this and then put a mask on my face because it does open your pores. Just a warning, many people do not recommend to use this because it can cause scarring if used incorrectly. Also, after using it on your face you will look like you have chicken pox but it usually goes away over night. This is the best way I have found to extract my black heads and pimples, so even though it is painful and my mom yells at me for using it...I still do it.

Hope you enjoyed this post and learned a little about some products you possibly didn't know about before. What were your favorite products for February? Let me know in the comment section below!

Stay happy and healthy! :)

Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment