Saturday, February 1, 2014

Sample Saturday: masks, masks, masks

It seems like something I've been getting tons of samples for are different types of masks. Masks for face, masks for hair, with loads of different of ingredients and somewhat unbelievable claims. Let me give you a run down of what masks I've sampled and how they worked for me.


The first mask I tried is one for face, and it is the WEI Golden Root Purifying Mud Mask. I have to say, I really liked this one! It had kind of a soapy smell with a whiff of herbs mixed in there. It had a pretty good consistency for application- not too thick, yet not runny- and also removed quite easily (with both a wash cloth and just warm water). Because it is a mud mask, it "dried" but not to a cracking point or where your face feels really stiff. After I washed it off, it left my skin feeling really soft and not dry, and it also helped reduce the redness of my blemishes. However, this mask is quite expensive...I will have an internal debate about whether it's worth it.

The next product I tried is not quite a mask, but more of a leave-in treatment for hair. The Phyto Subtil Elixir Intense Nutrition Shine Oil is exactly what it says, a leave-in hair oil. This claims to be for dry to ultra-dry hair...I'm not sure about that. I left it in longer than the recommended time and my hair did not feel any different than before. Also, I had to shampoo twice because the mask felt like it didn't really come out of my hair. This is not for me.

Another face mask that I tried is the Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask. This mask has a gel consistency and an herbal smell, which is probably due to the natural ingredients in it. Once applied to the face it doesn't tingle, but it does feel a bit tight after it dries. After I washed it off, it left my skin feeling very clean, soft and smooth but not tight or dry. I thought it was pretty mediocre and made for more of an older skin.

Lastly, a product that I used up that came with my January Glam bag, is the Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask. This is another natural product, that has kind of a floral and licorice smell. It was nice going on- thick consistency and felt like it was soaking into the hair. As for what it did...basically nothing, honestly my hair felt the same as before. Even some of my conditioners work better than this did. Can't say I would buy this.

Let me know if you have tried any of these masks and whether you liked them or not! 

Always stay happy and healthy! :) Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment