Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Stila kitten set

I remember trying a sample of the Stila In the Light Palette, click here for an impression on that, and really enjoying the shade Kitten. Well I appeared not to be the only one, because Stila came out with a whole range of products modeled around the Kitten shade. One of my favorite things to do on Sephora.com and Ulta.com is to look at the sale section...and what did I see? A kit that had some of the Kitten-colored products, and at $25, I thought it was a steal! So of course my inner makeup junkie coerced me to get it.


So the kit comes in this cute little tin (I took the plastic insert out and put some extra mascaras in there). You end up getting four full sized products, Eye Shadow, All Over Shimmer Duo, Silk Shimmer Luxe Gloss and Lip Glaze- all, of course, in the shade Kitten.


Starting off with the eyeshadow, this is a beautiful champagne shade with lots of shimmer. I have so many of these but none seem to be exactly like this one. It really just opens up the eye and provides the most beautiful hint of glow. The eyeshadow itself has a pretty creamy texture and is very pigmented. One of my favorite things to do with the shadow (besides highlight the inner corner and under the brow) is to tap it in the center of my lid after my eye look is completed- it really is such a lovely effect!

Next to that is the All Over Shimmer Duo which comes with a sort of watered down version of Kitten and a bit of a deeper more bronze version of Kitten. Both are shimmery and feel like the eyeshadow. These both provide such a glowing effect on the top of the cheekbones. 

The final two products are the gloss and lip glaze. The gloss is very thick and I feel is meant more to highlight the lips over another lip product. It doesn't have very much color on its own but provides a lot of shimmer, not in a tacky way though. Even though there are visible glitter particles, it really doesn't show up that way on the lips. As for the gloss, this is a bit more pigmented (even than the picture lets on). It is kind of a bronzy nude, again, with those glitter particles that do not really show up on the lips. This also has a pretty thick consistency, but I wouldn't consider either of them uncomfortable. I think they are a bit sticky, but nothing too terrible.

If you like this shade but don't feel like dishing out the $18 for the single shadow, I really encourage you to get this kit (click here). I do see myself using some of these products more often, i.e. the shadow and highlight, but in the end it is worth it to me! Let me know if you own this shadow and what's your favorite way to wear it!

Always stay happy and healthy! :) Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment