Saturday, December 14, 2013

sample Saturday: Fekkai, Clinique, YSL

I'm bringing you another sample Saturday from some things I got through an Ulta order, black Friday and a friend. I don't know about you but I had to find some things to occupy myself with today since it is snowing outside- YAY! So you should be getting lots of posts coming up ;)


Starting with the Fekkai PrX Reparatives Conditioner, which claims to "transform dry, damaged hair into silky-soft locks with bounce" (taken off of packaging). I did like this conditioner. It has a vanilla scent to it and smoothes on nicely over the hair. Once you rinse it out, it does leave your hair feeling very soft, as well as when it is dried. I do imagine it doing well with damaged hair, however it is quite pricey and I personally feel that the Aussie Moist Conditioner does just as well.

A sample I got from going to Sephora on black Friday is the Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief. Upon application this had a gel like feeling, sort of like many of the primers. It gave my skin a very smooth finish and didn't look greasy or oily, which leads me to believe this is a water-based moisturizer. I did feel like I could put makeup on top of this without it breaking down, but at the same time I don't think it was as hydrating as its name claims. Although I generally have oily skin, I do like to use a very hydrating moisturizer at night to combat the possibility of dry patches and I honestly would not trust this product to do it. I would suggest this as a day to day moisturizer if you apply SPF over it, but not something that I would personally go out and get.

Lastly is a product that has been talked about in the beauty community for a long time- the Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Radiant Touch. I got the shade 2 Luminous Ivory. This has a very light consistency and coverage concealer that can also be used to highlight all over the face. It can be built up a little bit to provide more coverage since it is so thin. I didn't notice it creasing on my and it did last all day without breakdown. If I ever decide to really splurge on a concealer, I really want to get this one because I really did like the effect it gave on my eyes and lately I have really been loving lesser coverage products that allow my skin to shine through. (In the picture- right- you can see the concealer applied to my left under-eye area, while the right has only foundation.)

I hope you stay warm and cozy under blankets if it is snowing by you, and if you have warm weather, then go enjoy it outside! Talk to you soon!

Always stay happy and healthy! :) Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment