Friday, February 8, 2013

pop of color using UD Naked 2

I had to do an appearance for football signing day at my university's football stadium and wanted to go for a silver smokey eye with a pop of color. I have been seeing many looks where the eyelid colors are very neutral and then accentuated with a bit of color on the lower lash line. I am really loving the look it gives!

I started off with the color Tease from the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette and used that in the crease to create a seamless transition. I wanted this somewhat dark but at the same time very blended out. I then took the color Verve (probably one of my favorites) and packed that on densely on the first half of my eye. I wanted to concentrate a lot of this color on center of the lid to really make that stand out. I then took Pistol and placed that on the parts of the eyelid that weren't covered yet. I made sure to not overlap this with Verve. I then took Blackout and put that in the outer corner and blended it towards the crease. I did this very slowly so it wouldn't be difficult to blend while building intensity at the same time.

Now, to the pop of color! I used purple, which technically is still neutral but it's still fun at the same time! So I took Busted and put that on my lower lash line. I put it down a little further than I would (it will look weird to you at first), but it then evened out with mascara. Lastly, I did a thick liner all the way from the inner corner and dragged it out to make a cat-eye shape- which is not very typical for me...but I really do enjoy how dark and sultry this look came out!

For lips, I had to put on red lipstick later on so those were natural for the moment. For the cheeks, I used one of my favorite blushes Lorac Blush in Soul (AHH I love it!).

I really enjoyed doing this look, I think it is great for really any occasion- even Valentine's day! I am loving the under-eye color trend thing and I think it's something I want to keep doing in other looks and venturing out toward different colors. I hope you enjoyed this, let me know what you think of this look in the comments below!

Always stay happy and healthy! :)

Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment