Thursday, February 14, 2013

all black OOTD & eyes

Lately I have been loving how all black looks together (in terms of clothes), especially mixing different textures and fabrics. This is what I threw on for today, excuse the morbid expression.

Clothes:
Top- black blouse with black buttons from Forever 21
Bottoms- black crop leggings from Express
Shoes- black buckle boots from JustFab
Jewelry- gold hoops, gold bangles from Forever 21

For the makeup I wanted to go along with the theme of black. I had seen some YouTube tutorials on dark smokey eyes using gel liner as a base, and that is exactly what I did!

I used Taupe from the Lorac Pro Palette in the crease to create a buffer shade. This serves the point of letting me know where I should stop the gel liner. I then used the Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in Blackest Black to draw a rough line of where I want to place the shadow on top of. I then blended out that line a little bit so it wasn't a rough edge. Lastly, I took Slate from the Lorac Pro Palette and put that on top of the gel liner. Again I blended a little more so that there wasn't a harsh line. You can put on some liquid liner if you want, which I did, but it was barely visible.


I tried to keep the rest of the face pretty neutral since there was so much going on. I used the Mally Beauty One Kit Blush in Plum Pretty on my cheeks (I really love this blush even if it takes a long time to build up the color) and then proceeded to put on a nude lip (which is not shown in the picture). You can use any of your favorite nude lipsticks!

This was definitely something different for me because I tend not to wear one dark color all over the lid- I enjoy more of the "gradient" smokey eye look- but I did enjoy it!

What are your favorite eye looks? Would you ever wear a smokey eye this dark? Let me know in the comment section below!

Always stay happy and healthy! :)

Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment