Monday, July 1, 2013

favorite summer 2013 lip products

I know what you're thinking...it's been almost 2 months since I last posted on my blog, and I really have no excuse. I needed some time for myself after graduation- and to add on to that, I needed some inspiration. But I'm ready now to start this up again and share with you what has come of my newfound inspiration!

One of the biggest trends I have seen this summer is more of a concentration on lips. Although in some ways I have plunged into the bright lip trend, I still have a love affair with my nudes, so here are some products I have been loving since the start of the warm weather!


I have included some lipglosses as well, since I think they are sometimes the easiest for the summer since they can be applied without a mirror. So let me tell you a little bit about the nudes...

From left to right (swatched) is Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Lipstick in Rossetto (113), MAC Lipstick in Hue and Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Primrose (668). The swatches are pretty true to color and with the exception of the Rimmel lipstick are quite pigmented. They all have a creamy type finish and feel comfortable on the lips. The Rimmel lipstick has a floral scent which is somewhat off-putting at first, but after a while I don't notice it anymore. I love the pink tone in each of these, which make them a bit more wearable for me- especially now that I am getting more tan.
On the colorful end of the spectrum, I have been obsessed with the Maybelline ColorSensational Vivids in Pink Pop and Fuchsia Flash (swatched in that order). I honestly don't think the swatches really do the lipstick justice- they are so beautifully bright! Fuchsia Flash definitely packs a little more punch than Pink Pop but I love both! The plus of these is that they almost stain your lips which makes them last long and that way I don't have to keep touching up my lipstick throughout the night. I love wearing these with very minimal eye makeup or being daring and adding a grey-ish smokey eye- absolutely gorgeous! I cannot rave enough about these and really encourage everyone to step out of their comfort zone and try just one!

Lastly are some nude glosses that really have been a perfect addition to the lipsticks or just great on their own! From left to right, Khroma Beauty Lipgloss in In the Flesh, Nars Lipgloss in Turkish Delight and NYX Butter Gloss in Eclair. The Khroma and Nars both have a kind of funky scent, but again I can deal with that because it doesn't linger too long. Mostly, I really enjoy the color they have and how they feel on my lips, not sticky...however, that does mean they don't last awfully long.

I hope this gave you some insight as to what I've been wearing on my lips lately! Looking forward to talking to y'all soon! (I hope you aren't getting down-poured on like we are in NJ!)

Always stay happy and healthy! :)

Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment