Friday, July 26, 2013

the 5: five product face for summer

As the warm weather comes...so does melting and splotchy makeup, so like most people I try to keep my foundation quite light and simple. So I decided to create a 5 product face that keeps the amount of products and the feel of these on the face quite light. Many of these things can be swapped out for different skin types, but here is what I used.



I used the Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer Light after moisturizing since I do have oily skin. I recommend using a primer under makeup that is lighter coverage because they tend to get oily quicker. If you have dry skin, you could possibly skip this step and trade it for another product= like a highlighter (or eliminate one completely to make your application that much quicker). 

Next, I used the Dior Hydra Life BB Creme in shade 02 Golden Peach. I received a sample of this from my last Sephora haul and really was impressed at the coverage this gave. However, it is definitely not for someone with oily skin...even though I set it with powder, I looked VERY oily after about 4 hours. Someone with dryer skin would love this though and I do recommend it, even after one use. I would definitely like to look into the Dior BB Creams since I did like the coverage.

I then used the Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Radiant to highlight and conceal my under eyes. You could use a heavier concealer if you need more coverage, however I didn't mind my blemishes showing through. I set the entire face with Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder in Light. I wanted to use quite a light shade since I didn't know if the BB Cream would oxidize, and it was already a bit dark for my skin tone.

The last step in my 5 product face was bronzer/contour and blush. I used the e.l.f. Studio Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder. I used this to contour my face lightly and then give a glow to the cheek with the peach blush.

I hope this gave you some ideas into how to get a quick but put-together face done in 5 products. Like I mentioned, you can swap products in and out to fit what you like best!

Always stay happy and healthy! :)

Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment