Friday, July 5, 2013

pixi shades of nude

I think one of my favorite things to do in these summer months is to use shimmery shades on my lids- especially brown ones! It adds to the whole bronzed, glowing goddess look and creates a beautiful pop to the eyes (even brown eyed beauties). This type of look is really achievable with the pixi Shade Quartette in Shades of Nude.

This quad contains 3 shimmery shades and one matte, and they lean in between taupe and bronzed looking. Personally, I do not particularly love golden eye shadows on my eyes so these color combinations really catch my eye. The formula is so soft and creamy- which does leave a tad bit of a powdery on the eye shadow, but I had no fallout. I would suggest tapping your brush lightly before applying them to your eye, and some of the shades I would even suggest applying with your fingers...this will give a much more shimmery and popping effect. The matte lightest shade is an absolutely gorgeous inner corner and brow bone highlight- even though I love my shimmers, this is a perfect balance for a completely shimmery lid.

The swatches start with the darkest color (top left) and move towards the lightest. Shown without a primer here, but I would use one on the lid just to get the true color. This quad is perfect for a natural day look or can be darkened for a sexy night look, since even the darkest shade can be used with a light hand to give a small bit of definition or intensified to really contour out the crease. The second shade from the left also looks awesome on the lower lashline for a slight pop!

I really love how these color work with each other and really can't say enough about this quad. I found mine at Target for $22. Yes, a bit pricey but I think it's such a versatile palette that can be used for any eye color or skin tone. I can't wait to experiment with more looks from this palette!

Always stay happy and healthy! :) Tschüss, Katharina


No comments:

Post a Comment