Thursday, August 1, 2013

benefit the bronze of champions kit

My sister just knows me so well, and of course when deciding what to get me for my birthday, she instantly gravitated towards something makeup related. (I admit that my obsession has somewhat rubbed off on her- sorry, Luise). She picked out the Benefit The Bronze of Champions Total Bronze Kit for Eyes, Lips & Cheeks, which I haven't heard of yet but she said it has gotten great reviews.

I love the boxes that the Benefit kits usually come in because they can generally be repurposed for something else. The lid of the box includes a large sized mirror and some tips on how these products can be used. 


The first product swatched in the top row is the Watt's Up! Highlighter in Soft Focus. I already have this from the Sephora birthday "present" and although I didn't get the chance to use it yet I know I will like it...sometimes I just have a tendency to enjoy powder highlighters better.

The next product is the Bikini-tini Creaseless Cream Shadow which is a light champagne gold cream shadow. It has a very creamy, almost gel-like consistency, which is something I am not used to from a long lasting cream shadow. I think this would look great under any shadow, but is suggested to be used with the Thanks a Latte! Longwear Powder Shadow (swatched top right). This is a beautiful taupey bronze color, which somewhat reminds me of Sidecar from the Urban Decay Naked Palette.

This kit also comes with a small version of the Hoola Bronzer, which I have already tried and enjoyed. This is a matte bronzer that is great for contouring (swatched bottom left). The last swatched product is the Hoola Ultra Plush Lip Gloss which is described as a "shimmering gold nude" in the tip booklet- and I definitely agree! It has a light apricot scent but nothing too bad.

Lastly, this kit includes a sample of the They're Real! Mascara and a small brush for contouring with the bronzer. Everyone has raved about the mascara and I can't wait to try it!

Hopefully this gave you some insight into this kit, if you were thinking of purchasing it. I think these are some great Benefit products to have and something like this is great if you wanted to try out two or more of them.

Always stay happy and healthy! :)

Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment