Saturday, May 11, 2013

how to: dewy glow for oily skin

Dewy glowing skin has been all the rage this past spring and I really wanted to join the trend. My only problem, I feel like because I have oily skin I can't quite pull off dewy without looking oily. I have been experimenting a bit and finally came up with a combination that I like- it gives me a glowing finish, but allows me to look semi-matte in the areas that I don't like dewiness. This is also a simple look that won't take you terribly long!



I start this off with pre-moisturized skin (I use the Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture with Sunscreen SPF15). I then conceal my undereyes using the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in shade 10 Light- any excess I use to cover up other problem areas. The key product to this look is the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal. This is truly an amazing product! I use this in areas that I generally highlight (brow bone, cheek bones, chin, forehead and bridge of the nose). For foundation I use the bareMinerals Original Foundation, which helps make the highlight a bit more subtle. I then do my normal contouring and blush routine. Once the face makeup has been completed I use the Urban Decay De-Slick Oil-Control Makeup Setting Spray all over. I use this again once my eyes and brows are done. The last and key thing is mattifying the areas that you do not want to be dewy! Any matte powder would do- I like to use the Revlon ColorStay Pressed Powder since it gives a little bit of extra coverage.

And there you have it! How to get dewy skin if you are a little oily. I have done this makeup all through my finals week and I really loved how it looked. I think right now I can still pull it off, but once the summer months come along I may be getting too oily...we shall see. I hope this gave you some tips as to how I get my skin glowing!

Always stay happy and healthy! :)

Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment