Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas gifts/mini haul

I know Christmas has been over for a while, but I wanted to wait to do this post since I knew I was going to be purchasing more makeup. I got a few higher end products as presents and went to the drugstore to purchase some other things. I'll start with my Christmas gifts and then go on to my purchases.

My large gifts were the Too Faced Shadow Bon Bons Palette and Calvin Klein Euphoria Perfume. I did a little description of the Too Faced Palette in this post, so go read that if you want to know what products are included in the kit. I think this palette is awesome! I have only used it once, but I swatched all the colors and they just look beautiful. Even the purples and pinks in the palette are gorgeous- and y'all probably have noticed I generally don't go for those shades. I can't wait to try a look with the bright pink shade (still trying to figure out the best way to showcase it)! It has definitely lived up to my expectations, and I can't wait to use it more.

As for Euphoria, I mentioned this in my October favorites. It is still a gorgeous scent, as it was before. I am sort of rationing its use because the scent is so lovely. It is a bit pricey, but I think so worth a try...especially if you have a birthday or a gifting holiday coming up!

I also received MAC Fix+ and MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle. I haven't tried the Fix+ yet because I am using Urban Decay De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray until it has run out, however, I have tried the Soft and Gentle. It is so beautiful. I like to use this on a more daily basis because it is a bit more natural than the DiorSkin Shimmer Powder. The last gift is the Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara in Black which I haven't tried yet, because I am waiting to use up other ones.

I went to the drugstore the other day and purchased L'Oreal True Match Foundation in W2, Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Creamsicle and Wet n' Wild MegaLast Lip Color in 901b. I haven't tried the foundation yet, but have used both lipsticks. I really like the Wet n' Wild on top  of the Lip Butter since the 901b is a bit bright for me. Together these make a nice lip that is nude with a hint of pink.

What did you all get for Christmas? Let me know in the comment section below! Hope you had a lovely holidays and a great start to the new year!

Always stay happy and healthy! :)

Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment