Sunday, December 30, 2012

coastal scents order

I have always heard great things about Coastal Scents, but since I already know I am not into a bunch of colored eyeshadows I didn't think buying one of the 88 or 120 palettes would be beneficial to me. They were offering 50% off on face palettes and there were some I wanted to try without paying full price. This is what I ended up getting:

I purchased the Blush & Contour Palette as well as the Camoflauge Concealer Palette. I have read great reviews about both of these and thought they would be great to try. I also purchased two very similar blending brushes that are very reminiscent of the MAC 217. I have used all these products only once, but I am very impressed- especially for the price I paid. I truly can find uses for all of these products...even the dark concealers.

In the Blush & Contour Palette I use the lighter shades to set my under-eye concealer and of course the very darkest shade to contour my face. I also love the blush on the bottom row, all the way to the right (when looking at the picture). It is one of those perfect colors for a dark eye, with a little more mauve than I usually use.

I have to admit that the main reason I purchased the Camoflauge Concealer Palette is because I wanted a dark concealer to try an intense contour. I like the feel of these concealers and although they provide nice coverage they don't feel heavy on the face. Also, since I have been spray tanning my skin tone has been changing as the color fades and builds so I needed some extra concealer shades to mix together, so I could find the perfect color for my skin tone at that moment.

Best of all, I love the brushes! They are absolutely great for blending and even applying a light wash of color. I can't brag enough about these! And to add on, they weren't ridiculously expensive (SHOCKER). They are absolutely soft and didn't shed- even though I didn't wash them before use...shh don't tell.

Overall, this was a great order. I could not be more satisfied with my purchases! I'll let you know if my opinion changes as I use these products more, but I doubt that will happen. To add to the perfection, they added the most adorable wrapping paper (which you can see a glimpse of in the picture- I <3 makeup)...why do they not sell this in stores?! They also added an "I <3 makeup" bumper sticker (which I put on my laptop) along with some small eyeshadow samples. Perfection!

You can easily find all these products on coastalscents.com but if you need more elaboration or links, let me know in the comment section below! What Coastal Scents products do you use or have tried?

Always stay happy and healthy! :)

Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment