Sunday, December 2, 2012

similarities between Pro and Naked?

As I was doing some looks that combined both the Urban Decay Naked and Naked 2 Palettes along with the Lorac Pro Palette I saw some similarities between the shadows of these three. I wanted to do a quick post comparing some of the colors that looked similar for anyone that thought they all looked too close to purchase separately. I did swatches of the colors I thought may be dupes for each other:

So, as you can see, some of the colors do look fairly similar to each other but there are no exact dupes. Starting at the top, left there is Mauve from Pro and Tease from Naked 2. I did think at firs these were going to be definite dupes of each other, but swatched you can see that Tease is a bit darker and less lilac than Mauve.

Next, I swatched all the light shimmery shades: Nude from Pro, Sin from Naked, Champagne from Pro, Virgin from Naked and Bootycall from Naked 2. Again, all very similar but none of them are exactly the same color as the other.

Then going to the bottom, left there is Black from Pro and Blackout from Naked 2. The black from the Naked 2 is actually deeper than the Lorac Pro Palette but both go on very nicely and pigmented.

In the middle you can see Gold from Pro and Chopper from Naked 2. The gold in the Pro Palette is much more orange based whereas Chopper has some more brown shades.

Lastly, there is Slate from Pro and Gunmetal from Naked. I think these are the closest shades to each other. Gunmetal is a bit more metallic than Slate, but they both have the same blue-gray concept going on. I don't necessarily enjoy this shade because I like my grays to be silver and not blue based.

So even though some of the shades in all of these palettes are the same, they aren't exact. If I really had to make a choice about which one to purchase I would probably chose the Lorac Pro Palette since it has the whole row of matte shadows, but all the palettes are great for anyone who loves neutrals! I hope you enjoyed this post, it isn't something I would usually do but I did enjoy comparing some of my favorite palettes!

Always stay happy and healthy! :)

Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment