Sunday, December 9, 2012

dark smokey eye

Some pictures in this post were lost. I apologize if that makes this post difficult to understand, however I didn't want to delete it so you would still be able to refer to it.

Lately I have been loving combining my Lorac Pro Palette along with Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette to create a perfect smokey eye. I wore this dark smokey eye last week when I cheered at Madison Square Garden. It did require some time, but I really liked how it came out.

First I started with an eye primer, which is a necessity to me. I then took the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk and put that on the first half of my eye- to brighten this area. I then blended that in and added the shade White from the Pro Palette over the area where I applied the jumbo eye pencil. I have found this method in particular makes the lightest areas of a smokey eye stand out more.

Next, I took a piece of tape (removed some of the tackyness) and placed it from the outer corner of my eye to the edge of my eyebrow, so it layed somewhat on my cheek bone. This is to create a more defined line. I then took the shade Verve from the Naked 2 Palette and applied that in the center of the lid and then took Pistol to the outer corner and under the eyelid. Lastly, I took Blackout from that same palette in the outer corner and under the eye. I also blended this into the crease.

Lastly, I needed something to blend out the black, so I took YDK and blended that at the edges of the black. You then can add any highlight shade to the inner corner and brow bone to highlight those areas. I used Bootycall from the Naked 2 Palette since it was handy.

Then I removed the tape and had a much harsher line than I wanted, so I used a clean shadow brush to fade it out a bit and then added concealer to areas that needed touching up. You can add lashes and liner- which I did- however you like it best.

I hope you enjoyed this look, I know I did. I feel like I sometimes use a lot of eyeshadows at once, but that's what gives my looks dimension! Let me know if you tried this look and share your pics in the comment section below!

Always stay happy and healthy! :)

Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment