Friday, December 28, 2012

beauty samples 2

As I mentioned in a few blog posts, from some of the Sephora orders I received a lot of samples. Sometimes I think they are amazing, especially if the sample is decent sized! Here is what I tried this time around.


First, was the L'Occitane Amande Shower Oil. I really liked this a lot not only because it had an amazing scent but also because it made my skin feel amazing! It smelled like a combination of vanilla and coco butter and applied like an oil and then lathered with water. It was very moisturizing and I even felt like I didn't have to put on moisturizer after my shower- which is so important, especially in the winter months!

A sample I just got recently is the Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm. I have noticed that they have this whole "naked" thing going on, with the foundation, the new palette (the old palettes as well) and now this bb cream. The packaging, even on this sample, is very nice and consistent- which I like. I tried to find this on the website and I don't think they have released it yet. I applied it with my fingers and it was very sheer, but I was able to build the coverage by applying more layers. I tried to look for a shade, but couldn't find it...so I'm thinking it comes in only one which is probably not great. I do have a very light complexion so I'm not sure it would be suitable for someone who has the opposite.

Next were the Bamboo Shine Luminous Shine Shampoo and Conditioner. I really enjoyed these. They had a really nice clean scent that smelled like the outdoors, but in a good way. The shampoo didn't foam as much as I like but in its place were no sulfates or parabens (which I have heard is bad for your hair). The conditioner left my hair soft and very easy to manage.

On the bottom row, I have Too Faced Shadow Insurance which I already talked about in this post. The last two are face products, starting with Stila Stay All Day 10-in-1 HD Beauty Balm. First I noticed that it only comes in one shade, which is absolutely laughable. These products really need to meet the needs of everyone(!) and there is no way one shade fits all...I think all these high-end bb creams are the same and really not worth it.

Lastly is the bareMinerals Ready SPF 20 Foundation. I think this is supposed to be their mineral foundation in a pressed compact. Although I have used the loose powder it was a while ago so I can't really compare their coverage. I would say this had light coverage but was buildable. The problem with these sized samples is that they aren't enough for the whole face and can barely tell you if you will like this product.

Overall, the only thin I would actually purchase is the Too Faced Shadow Insurance. However, I usually get these with eyeshadow purchases so I don't worry. A bit disappointed at the size of the samples, but I guess that's just how they come!

Stay happy and healthy! :)

Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment