Friday, December 7, 2012

make green eyes pop!

Some pictures in this post were lost. I apologize if that makes this post difficult to understand, however I didn't want to delete it so you would still be able to refer to it.

I personally love looking for shades of eye shadows that make my eyes pop! I would say I have a mixture between green and blue eyes that are more on the dark than light side. I was trying to use up the rest of my Stila In the Lights Palette sample to see if this would be worth buying. I'll talk you through the look first and then let you know my thoughts on the palette.

This look was so easy, just required a bit of blending. It is highly shimmery so it might not be for everyone. I started off with one of the light shades, Kitten, and applied that all over the lid up to the crease and also on the inner corner and under the eyebrow- to highlight those areas. I then took the matte mid-brown shade, Bliss, and applied that in the crease and a bit higher to give the next shade something to lie on. I also applied this on the lower lid, about half way in.

Next I took the shade Sandstone and applied that to the exact crease line. I blended it up a bit, which created a flawless blend since we already had that Bliss shade blended above the crease line. I also took Sandstone about a third of the way in on the lower lash line.

Finally I took some black liquid liner and created a small wing, along with lots of mascara- as usual! I think because the shades all have a gold undertone, it works really well with green eyes. I also really like how shimmery it is (I have somewhat of an obsession with shimmery shadows).

Now, on to what I think of the actual palette...I would say, for me personally, it is not worth it. I really only liked that one light shade- I feel the rest I would be able to find in other palettes. Maybe I can buy it as a single eye shadow, but to buy the whole palette for just one or two shades is not worth it.

Hopefully this was helpful for anyone thinking about buying this palette! Let me know if you have other ideas for posts you want to see in the comments below!

Always stay happy and healthy! :)

Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment