Monday, December 17, 2012

dark lips

Some pictures in this post were lost. I apologize if that makes this post difficult to understand, however I didn't want to delete it so you would still be able to refer to it.

I have seen the purple/deep red lipstick really come into fashion this holiday season and the more dark lips I was seeing, the more I wanted to try it. You may already know that I like to stick to my baby pinks and nudes, but this was something I did want to take a shot at. I wanted to go for a drugstore lipstick first since I didn't really know if I was going to like it.

The lipstick I used was Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Black Cherry. The picture doesn't really show the true color. It is a bit darker and has more red than the picture shows. (Lately, the weather has been pretty crappy so I am not really able to use natural light.)

I applied it very quickly- and then ended up taking it off- so I didn't follow all the steps I usually would with a dark lip color. I would first scrub my lips, either with a lip exfoliator or toothbrush, and then apply lip balm to moisturize the lips. After about 5 minutes, or longer if possible, I would wipe away the lip balm and then line my lips. I don't think you have to use a liner in the same color as your lipstick, just something to create a frame for the lips. I would then slowly apply the lipstick since dark shades usually stain the skin.

I really enjoyed how the color looked, especially since I had a very light eye. I was wearing a lot of black though, which made me look somewhat gothic. Once I find an outfit I am comfortable wearing this lipstick in, I will definitely rock it because the color is beautiful!

What dark lip colors have y'all been sporting lately? What are you favorite lip colors? Let me know in the comment section!

Always stay happy and healthy! :) Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment