Saturday, February 15, 2014

February 2014 Glam bag

Even despite the snow up here in the northeast, I was still able to get my Glam bag right on time- yay! Didn't really have any expectations for how this month was going to be, but I do want to touch on last month's bag (check that post out here). I didn't really feel strongly about any of the products, but I do use the Epice Purifying Exfoliant with my Clarisonic. But enough about that, let me get to this month.


This month, quite obviously, had a pink theme. The bag, as you can see, is also pink and has a pink and white cheetah pattern on the inside. I'm not a huge fan of pink, so I can't say that this bag is one of my favorites. Now onto the products...

The first product shown is the Eyetini Cordial Cream Shadow + Base In One in Ambrosia, which is a taupe that leans towards plum/purple. It has a nice consistency and is very easy to apply. It also leaves a stain and I didn't find it creasing on the eye. This kind of reminds me of the Rimmel Scandal Eyes Shadow Paint, which I have reviewed (click here for that).

Next is the IPKIN NY Moist & Firm BB in the shade Light. Let me start off saying, this is not light. You can see from the swatch that this is too dark for me, so I'm going to have to play around a bit (possibly fake tan) so I can pull off this shade. I will keep you updated. 

The middle product, and possibly my favorite, is the City Color Be Matte Blush in Fresh Melon. First of all, this blush is huge...maybe it's the packaging that is deceiving. Now I have to mention, it is matte, it is pigmented, it applies easily, the color is beautiful. What else can I say?! I love it. I have recently been liking those orange/melon tones, so I was excited to add a new blush to my collection.

The fourth product shown is the pop Beauty Plump Pout Mini in Peony Petal. This gloss has a pretty strong plastic vanilla scent, that reminds me of something but I cannot put my finger on it. It does have a lot of color and doesn't feel very sticky, so it might be something I just have to get over. I do enjoy the shade, it is bright but at the same time very wearable from day to day- probably because it has those tones from your natural lip color.

The last product is a Zoya Nail Polish in Dot, which is a milky pink. I really enjoy these nail polishes (can I say it enough times), so I don't doubt that this one will be equally as pretty!

I was quite impressed with this month's bag. Minus the BB cream I really feel like I will get a lot of use out of these products...in fact I am going to paint my nails right now!

Always stay happy and healthy! :) Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment