Sunday, February 9, 2014

trash talk: episode 8

Since the end of November I have used up a few other products and wanted to share them with you (so I can finally throw them out LOL)! I added a few more than usual because they were just accumulating in my drawer, so let's get started.


I used up two mascaras...well I used up as much as I could, but they started to get old and smell so I knew it was time for them to get chucked out. The first in the picture is the Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes Mascara. I used this mainly as a layering mascara because the formula is way too wet for my thin lashes. The brush is pear shaped and has lots of rubber "combs" that work well when paired with volumizing mascaras (this separates your lashes well). I don't think I would buy this again...on the other hand, the Mally Beauty Volumizing Mascara is one I'd repurchase over and over. It has a very traditional brush but the formula just adds so much to the lashes. I didn't notice any flaking or smudging with this mascara, and that says a lot since I usually do about 5 to 6 coats.

The third pictured product is the HSI Professional Argan Oil Leave-In Hair Treatment that came in November's Glam bag (click here to view that post). I was really surprised at how long this took me to use up. I generally wash my hair 2 to 3 times per week and it took about two and a half months to finish it- so a little goes a long way! This was so moisturizing in my hair and made it feel very soft, even after blow-drying. It has a great warm smell with a hint of vanilla and goes onto the hair very easily. The only down-side is the price...so even though this works a bit better than the CHI Silk Infusion, it is way more affordable and does the job almost just as well.

The next product I want to mention is the Victoria's Secret Merry Merry Pink Body Lotion. I got this as a Christmas gift about two years ago from my friend, Nancy. This has an amazing scent, like the Victoria's Secret Tease Perfume but it can be a bit overpowering and compete with any perfume you want to add later. It soaks in very quickly but leaves the skin moisturized without feeling greasy. It leaves a fairly thin layer of moisture but couldn't really quench the needs of dry skin.

The last two products are ones that I already have back-ups of. First is the Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture SPF 15, which is what I use for my morning moisturizer. This leaves my oily skin with enough moisture to keep it from getting dry, but does not make it oily either. It also has an SPF which I feel is very important in my skin care routine. It has that typical sunscreen scent, which I love! I will continue to use this because it does exactly what I need it to.

The final product, that I also already repurchased, is the Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel. This is the best brow gel I have yet tried. It holds my crazy brows in place and stays all day. I definitely think it is worth the money, especially if you buy it as part of a kit. This can make your brows feel a bit "crunchy" but I don't mind that.

Those are all the makeup related products I used up the past couple of months. There may be some products that I don't mention just because I have already done reviews about them or because they are inaccessible in the US. I hope you found this helpful and look for some Valentine's tutorials this week!

Always stay happy and healthy! :) Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment