Sunday, August 11, 2013

July 2013 used up products

Another month- another batch of empties. Although most of the things I finished were large sample sizes, I feel they lasted long enough for me to form a good opinion on them. So let me give you the run down on what I liked and disliked.


One of the first products I finished this month is the Victoria's Secret Vanilla Lace Ultra Moisturizing Hand and Body Cream. I really enjoyed this rich cream, as well as the vanilla scent. I felt like this moisturized my body while not taking eons to soak in (I hate putting clothes on when lotion is freshly applied). Something I would definitely repurchase at $12, and most of the time there are some deals going on at Victoria's Secret so you can make it worth the money.

Next up is the Nivea Refreshingly Soft Moisturizing Creme. I was searching my blog to see if I have ever mentioned this...and I cannot believe I haven't. This is probably one of my best kept secrets! I use this as my nightly moisturizer since it is just a bit heavy for the day (on my oily skin). I sometimes struggle with dry patches so this keeps my skin feeling soft and absorbs into the areas that need the moisture. It also has a lovely "clean" scent that just makes me feel ready for bed. Cannot say enough about this- it also doubles as a body and hand moisturizer that I know people swear by!

Adding on to all the creams I have been using, one is the L'Oreal Collagen Moisture Filler. I got this delux sample for signing up for a grocery rewards card from Big Y and since I don't really need an anti-wrinkle cream on my whole face yet, I decided this would be the perfect eye cream. Did I really notice a difference...no, but then again I may not be the perfect candidate for a product like this. Also, I just didn't think it was moisturizing enough to use in that area since I did still see dry patches around my eye area in the winter. I only used this at night, and even though it lasted me a LONG time I wouldn't give it a go, again.

Moving on to something that I received in my Glam bag, I finished the NuMe Finishing Serum. I did quite enjoy this serum but once I looked up the price I wasn't as happy. This is a very thick hair serum that I used on my wet hair before blow drying. The small sample size lasted me about 2 months (I wash my hair every 3 days or so) so it went a long way, BUT I feel that the CHI Silk Infusion is comparable to this and much cheaper. I can find that for about $7 at TJ Maxx...and it gets the job done just as well.

One thing I really had an obsession with these past few months is chapstick- specifically finding the perfect one. The Softlips Lip Protectant/Sunscreen in Wildberry is definitely not "it" for me. I do enjoy the tingly feeling it left on my lips, but it seemed to me like it just sat on top of my lips and didn't even soak in. The consistency was odd too, somewhere in between a balm and a really creamy chapstick...I don't know but it just didn't work for me.

Last, but certainly not least, I was also very into keeping the heels of my feet soft. Between walking in flip flops all the time and the grittiness of the sand, I needed something to really soak deep into the skin and the Burt's Bees Coconut Foot Cream didn't cut it for me. Don't get me wrong, I don't have scaly looking feet, just a few dry areas, but it really did nothing. I even had it on overnight with socks to really work it in and I didn't notice much of a difference. I did like however, that it was a natural foot cream...but not something I'm going to buy again.

Hope this gave you some new products to put on your shopping list- and maybe some to avoid! Talk to you soon!

Always stay happy and healthy! :) Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment