Monday, August 5, 2013

shimmery summer eyes

One thing I absolutely love for the summer is shimmery eyes. Even if you do barely anything on the face and lips, a shimmery bronze eye can liven up your entire look! I tried some new products from Harmon/Face Values and came up with this look.


I found these products through recommendations from Melissa on YouTube (melmphs is her channel). The first product is the NYX Roll on Shimmer in Salmon- swatched on the left. This is exactly what the product name implies...it is a roll on glitter. Although I don't usually like to put straight up glitter on my eyes, this is not as chunky. It almost seems like there is a bit of powder shadow along with the glitter. The second product I ended up picking up is the L'Oreal Colour Riche Eye Shadow in Cuppa Joe. I can't say enough great things about this quad. First, it is all matte. That's right, a drugstore, all matte quad! WOO! The shadows are pretty pigmented (not comparable to Wet n' Wild Color Icon though) and feel very soft and smooth.


To get this look (the picture definitely doesn't do it justice), I used the third shade in the L'Oreal quad and buffed it into my crease very liberally. I then took it across the lower lash line, as well. I wanted it to be kind of darker in the outer corner, so I used the darkest color in the quad and concentrated that in the outer "v" area. I also brushed it a little on the outer third of my eye and the lower lash line.

Then I had to figure out the best way to apply this glitter. I found the least fallout came when I rolled the glitter on to my eyelid and then used a stiff eyeshadow brush sprayed with MAC Fix+ to pat it on the lid and spread the product out a little. Lastly, I used the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Whiskey in place of a gel or pen liner.

This look is super simple and doesn't take long at all. I love how glittery this look is and how great it would look with any eye color- not to mention that it cost about $10! I'll be sure to post more looks using the L'Oreal quad soon!

Always stay happy and healthy! :)

Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment