Saturday, April 13, 2013

trash talk: episode 3

March ended up being the month of empties for me- I used up a lot of great products! I know I usually only include 5 products or so, but I though a lot of these were related (somewhat) so I said, what the heck, and included them all.



All the way on the left you can see the LA Fresh Travel Lite Makeup Remover Wipes that I got in my ipsy Glam Bag last month (click here to see that post). Personally these wipes were not "wet" and saturated enough to take off my makeup, especially when it came to the eyes. They have a baby-powder scent that didn't really bother me, but it is somewhat strong. Another set of wipes that I finished are the equate Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes that apparently compare to the Neutrogena ones. I liked how much makeup remover was in each towel (able to remove both all of my foundation, as well as eye makeup). They did sting my eyes though when removing mascara, which caused them to water all night. I wish the formulation of the liquid was more sensitive. For the price though, I thought they were worth it.

Next product is the Laura Geller Balance-n-Brighten Foundation in shade Regular. I talked about this a lot! The shade was a bit dark for me, so I used it to contour when wearing natural makeup. I like the coverage that it has and how easily it applied. I also should mention how long this sample size lasted! I would say that I used this every day for about 5 months- to me, that's worth it! I am looking to repurchase this in a lighter shade so I could wear it as a foundation.

I also used up the Crest 3D White Toothpaste. I have mixed feelings about this. I don't think it necessarily does what it claims. If you have stained teeth, is this going to whiten them? No. I think this toothpaste is to remove all the bacteria that stains your teeth that day...for example, you drank a cup of coffee in the AM and a glass of wine at night. I also don't like how it doesn't froth up. I like toothpastes that get foamy and frothy and this just doesn't cut it.

Two mascara-type products that I finished are the Estee Lauder Lash Primer Plus and the Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash. I really enjoyed both of these! I wouldn't repurchase the lash primer just because I think all lash primers do the same, regardless of brand. I did really like how this wasn't stark white so single lashes that weren't completely coated with mascara didn't stick out like a sore thumb. The MUFE Smoky Lash mascara is probably one of the best I have ever tried. It did dry up quite quickly, but I love it, nonetheless. It just requires really no effort!

Last, but not least, is the essence Lash & Brow Gel Mascara. I used this to set my brows and I probably wouldn't buy it again. It didn't quite hold my brows in the way they needed it. I just prefer to use hairspray because I have it laying around and I don't mind the "crispy" brows. If you don't have unruly brows it will work just great!

I hope this gave you some insight as to what products work and do not work for me! I apologize for kind of being MIA, I have been super busy with school and graduation stuff. I am working on being more regular!

Always stay happy and healthy! :)

Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment