Wednesday, July 18, 2012

bare escentuals buxom lash mascara review

I was very excited to try this mascara as it promises to give "bigger, fuller lashes," and I am always on the quest to finding the most volumizing and lengthening mascara! I just absolutely love the look of clumpy, full lashes- the thicker, the better! So, according to the Sephora website, this mascara should do the following: 
"This vitamin-enriched formula deepens, darkens, and thickens from root to tip. The curvy hourglass-shaped brush holds the ideal amount of mascara to ensure every lash is coated evenly with our silky, clump-free formula."
I received this mascara, along with a few others, as a Christmas present from my sister in the Sephora lash sampler. I only received the small sample, but the usual mascara looks like this


                                    photo credit: http://www.sephora.com/buxom-lash-P228204

It costs $19 and comes in blue and black. Obviously I used the black one. Before I discuss the results, I want to add my lash type. I have decently long lashes that are very thin. I do have a lot of lashes, but they are light and can sometimes clump together with the wrong formula. I do not have a wand preference, I think the perfect formula is key to getting the right lashes. And now on to the results...


I must admit that I was disappointed. Maybe I had too high hopes for it because of its name, I'm not sure, but I just expected much more. The wand is a large, rubber wand with tiny bristles that seem like they would coat each of your lashes, but I felt like the formula was not thick or wet enough to really coat all your lashes. With one coat of mascara (very generous coat), I got some length but absolutely no volume- I thought my lashes looked better without the mascara.



I have tried this mascara with a primer and it does not make much of a difference. The formula just isn't wet enough to really make a nice thick coat. It makes a nice complement to a mascara that has too thick of a formula to separate your lashes, but it definitely does not live up to its claims. Layered with other mascaras this can do pretty well, however I personally would not go out and spend that much money on a mascara that performs this way. You are better off sticking with your current favorite.



I hope this helped in your quest to find the perfect mascara! Stay happy and healthy :)

Tschüss, Katharina

No comments:

Post a Comment